I havent done a prediction in a while because ive been really busy but im going to start doing them again and im going to start with Chapin High Schools team. Last year they were led by star runner Heath Lorick (all state runner, 3rd place at state) who had a really good season last year. They are losing him this year which is going to be hard for them too replace a really good runner like him. They finished in 13th place as a team last year and im sure they werent very happy with that type of performance last year and are looking to change that this year. They are going to have to get a good performance out of Junior Ryan Gorman (53rd at state last year) he is their best returning runner and has very big shoes to fill because of Lorick graduating. They are also losing Cody Singletary (67th place at state, teams 3rd best runner), and Cory Efrid (143rd at state). Some good news for this team is that Wade Hampton is moving up to 4A, which means that some 3A teams will move up a couple of spots next year. Their top guys next year will be Ryan Gorman, TJ Longshore, Ryan Oleary, Fabian Hardy, and the 5th spot is up for grabs it looks like. I predict a 10-15th place finish for this team led by a 20-30 place finish from Ryan Gorman. This team is gonna have to work hard this summer to rebound from the loss of Lorick and to be contenders in the 3A division.
- @mdog I too believe that our team will have to work hard to get to the top. But i believe that we can do better than that. We are all working hard and Heath was a big loss. But now the team will have a closer grouping than last year. it helps train the slower runners while giving the faster runners more motivation. I promise that Chapin will work hard to get to state and once there only God knows. But we will come out fast and strong. 3a #5 is coming for you.
- @morrisrunner12 Hey i hope you guys do prove me wrong and do well this year, good luck to yall. Heath is a big loss but if yall work hard yall can move past it.
- I have some good news. And some bad news. Cory Efird has returned and will curently be running second on our team. But TJ has left the team (no idea why). TJ will be replaced by Senior Austin Brown, he compeated in the one mile during track season. The current line up, as of today is... Ryan Gorman, Cory Efird, Fabian Hardy, Ryan O'Leary, Austin Brown, William Morris, and Conner Radtke. I have high hopes for our Varsity this year. We have trained hard for this year and the number seven spot might be changing sooner or later. But Radtke has trained hard over the summer, and our team will push him harder. However Jared Adams and Dillion Gums will be fighting for the position on Varsity. This season will be interesting and we are starting strong.
- @morrisrunner12 Aww man sorry to hear that bad news, but I am glad to hear that yall are working hard and have been training hard this year. If yall keep up the good work yall can defenitely move past the loss of Heath.
- Mdog im back with a status report, Chapin has usurped from the blue. With low expectaitions and rankings this year, Chapin has finished 1st in our Region, With a 17:53, 18:06, 18:08, 18:09, and 18:34 finishes for score. With the top 4 seeming to be under 18 by state, a top 10 finish in state is within grasp. Our top 3 made all-region along 9th and 10th place individual finishes.
- @morrisrunner12 Thats great, I love it when people prove my predictions wrong and do better than i expected. Keep up the good work and I will be watching out for yall at state. Have a great rest of the season.