State Championship
10/29/2012 5:59:05 PM
User
Alright so the State championship is now only days away! time to put in the final word of who you believe will become state champions!
Alright so the State championship is now only days away! time to put in the final word of who you believe will become state champions!
10/29/2012 9:42:00 PM
User
I think it will be Morales/Langston in 1&2 not sure who will finish first or second. Will depend who feels best on Saturday. Then after that I think it is up in the air for the guys. Team wise Lexington is going to win. As for girls, it will be between Laura Miller, Hope Whisman, Haley & Meri from Lexington and the girl from Byrnes who won it last year. For team title, I am not sure. I think Lexington and Wando are going to have the best chances.
I think it will be Morales/Langston in 1&2 not sure who will finish first or second. Will depend who feels best on Saturday. Then after that I think it is up in the air for the guys. Team wise Lexington is going to win. As for girls, it will be between Laura Miller, Hope Whisman, Haley & Meri from Lexington and the girl from Byrnes who won it last year. For team title, I am not sure. I think Lexington and Wando are going to have the best chances.
10/30/2012 8:32:45 AM
User
The 4a Girls race will be very fun to watch, doesn't seem like either team is that much better than the other. But, i think Lexington will pull out a close win.(I am a bit biased though)
The 4a Girls race will be very fun to watch, doesn't seem like either team is that much better than the other. But, i think Lexington will pull out a close win.(I am a bit biased though)
10/30/2012 8:32:45 AM
User
10/31/2012 2:45:56 PM
User
I have been able to get to 3 or 4 meets this year and have watched mostly AAAA so I will make those predicitons only rather than make uninformed picks. [b]AAAA[/b] [i]Boys Team[/i] Lexington wins, not particularily close. I think Langston and Morales can be under 15:30, White can place All-State, the 4-6 can hold between 16:30-17:00. From looking back at MidState and Region results it seems like the 7th spot might be up in the air for the state meet, wouldnt forsee this being an issue barring injury. [i]Boys Individual[/i] Morales (Lex) wins, close race. His teammate Langston (Lex) will certainly push him, but I think Mike Lantz (Bly) has potential to break up the Lexington duo if he has a great day. Stafford (DF), Obrien (NA), Boerma (WH), McCormack (SV), White (Lex), AJ (Wando) and some others should make up the top half of that lead pack. [i]Girls Team[/i] Wando/Lexington. This should be close, Lexington has gotten the better of them so far this year but has had some inconsistencies, toss up! Summerville won the Lower State over Wando so they certainly can compete and beat either of these teams. This will certainly be a fun team competition to watch. [i]Girls Individual[/i] Miller (Mann) should win, she has clearly established herself as the favorite. Come race day however a lot can happen, if Miller has an off day, Wiseman (DF), Compton (Wando) , Heneage (Lex) certainly have a shot.
I have been able to get to 3 or 4 meets this year and have watched mostly AAAA so I will make those predicitons only rather than make uninformed picks.

AAAA

Boys Team
Lexington wins, not particularily close. I think Langston and Morales can be under 15:30, White can place All-State, the 4-6 can hold between 16:30-17:00. From looking back at MidState and Region results it seems like the 7th spot might be up in the air for the state meet, wouldnt forsee this being an issue barring injury.

Boys Individual
Morales (Lex) wins, close race. His teammate Langston (Lex) will certainly push him, but I think Mike Lantz (Bly) has potential to break up the Lexington duo if he has a great day. Stafford (DF), Obrien (NA), Boerma (WH), McCormack (SV), White (Lex), AJ (Wando) and some others should make up the top half of that lead pack.

Girls Team
Wando/Lexington. This should be close, Lexington has gotten the better of them so far this year but has had some inconsistencies, toss up! Summerville won the Lower State over Wando so they certainly can compete and beat either of these teams. This will certainly be a fun team competition to watch.

Girls Individual
Miller (Mann) should win, she has clearly established herself as the favorite. Come race day however a lot can happen, if Miller has an off day, Wiseman (DF), Compton (Wando) , Heneage (Lex) certainly have a shot.
10/31/2012 7:35:06 PM
User
I see my teammates Tony and Langston going one and two, I don't think anyone could tell you who is going to win between them.
I see my teammates Tony and Langston going one and two, I don't think anyone could tell you who is going to win between them.
11/01/2012 12:40:55 PM
User
@Bowermansman87 I agree the race may not be that fast, like at coaches classic. Morales and Langston go 1-2 and run between 15:25-15:30. 3rd through 6th is up in the air between White, Lantz, Stafford, O'Brien. White has the fastest PR of them all but Lantz and Stafford have been much more consistent this year.
@Bowermansman87 I agree the race may not be that fast, like at coaches classic.
Morales and Langston go 1-2 and run between 15:25-15:30. 3rd through 6th is up in the air between White, Lantz, Stafford, O'Brien. White has the fastest PR of them all but Lantz and Stafford have been much more consistent this year.
11/01/2012 1:18:46 PM
User
1A: QuattleBaum (Should Dominate and win easily), Ben Sessions (Not a great chance at all but if Quattlebaum has an epic breakdown then you never know) 2A: Omar Shariff (He wont be as dominant as Quattlebaum but nonetheless it should be a decent sized gap between him and 2nd place), Christian Widenhouse (Very unlikely but If Omar has a bad day you never know) 3A: Andre Ivankovic or Jack Manesiotis (Going to be a good one, even though Jack was injured for a good part of the season, I still believe he will be ready on saturday), Gabe Haughey or Nick Putnam (possibly If Jack and Andre have bad races, could do something) 4A: Morales, Langston (They should get 1 and 2) Lantz, Stafford, White, Obrien, Gawryluk, and Ross Jordan (All these guys should compete for the 3-8 spots, although I believe Stafford and Lantz wil get third and fourth.
1A: QuattleBaum (Should Dominate and win easily), Ben Sessions (Not a great chance at all but if Quattlebaum has an epic breakdown then you never know)
2A: Omar Shariff (He wont be as dominant as Quattlebaum but nonetheless it should be a decent sized gap between him and 2nd place), Christian Widenhouse (Very unlikely but If Omar has a bad day you never know)
3A: Andre Ivankovic or Jack Manesiotis (Going to be a good one, even though Jack was injured for a good part of the season, I still believe he will be ready on saturday), Gabe Haughey or Nick Putnam (possibly If Jack and Andre have bad races, could do something)
4A: Morales, Langston (They should get 1 and 2) Lantz, Stafford, White, Obrien, Gawryluk, and Ross Jordan (All these guys should compete for the 3-8 spots, although I believe Stafford and Lantz wil get third and fourth.
11/02/2012 10:01:42 AM
User
i think samantha koenig has had an incredible year, breaking Chapins CC records. GOOD LUCK AT STATE!!!!!
i think samantha koenig has had an incredible year, breaking Chapins CC records. GOOD LUCK AT STATE!!!!!
11/02/2012 11:56:10 AM
User
Individuals 4A:Tony Morales 3A:Andre Ivankovic 2A:Omar Sharif 1A:James Quattlebaum Teams 4A:Lexington 3A:Daniel 2A:Bishop England 1A:Greenville Tech Charter
Individuals
4A:Tony Morales
3A:Andre Ivankovic
2A:Omar Sharif
1A:James Quattlebaum
Teams
4A:Lexington
3A:Daniel
2A:Bishop England
1A:Greenville Tech Charter
11/02/2012 8:00:00 PM
User
My Top 10 1. Tony Morales Lex / 15:33 2. Zac Langston Lex / 15:37 3. A.J. Gawryluk W / 15:43 4. Mike Lantz Blyth / 15:44 5. Nic O'Brien No A / 15:47 6. Blake White Lex / 15:56 7. Chris Staff Dut / 15:58 8. Conner McC Spr / 15:59 9. Ross Jordan Str / 16:00 10. Bret Freed Spar / 16:01 Look for this race to go out fast (4:48-4:52) These 10 guys will be packed through the first mile and then 6-10 drop off around 2500 meters in. I think Tony and Zac drop everyone around the 3500 meter mark. I like Gawryluk to jump out and lead the next couple of guys. He hasn't raced anybody huge since Wendy's and has run sub 16:10 5 times this season. Coming off a decent 3 mile time of 15:25 (16:00 convert 5k) is great! Bret Freed is starting to come on as of late and Ross Jordan was solid at the Sandhills invite. Can't wait to see some legit times!
My Top 10

1. Tony Morales Lex / 15:33
2. Zac Langston Lex / 15:37
3. A.J. Gawryluk W / 15:43
4. Mike Lantz Blyth / 15:44
5. Nic O'Brien No A / 15:47
6. Blake White Lex / 15:56
7. Chris Staff Dut / 15:58
8. Conner McC Spr / 15:59
9. Ross Jordan Str / 16:00
10. Bret Freed Spar / 16:01

Look for this race to go out fast (4:48-4:52) These 10 guys will be packed through the first mile and then 6-10 drop off around 2500 meters in. I think Tony and Zac drop everyone around the 3500 meter mark. I like Gawryluk to jump out and lead the next couple of guys. He hasn't raced anybody huge since Wendy's and has run sub 16:10 5 times this season. Coming off a decent 3 mile time of 15:25 (16:00 convert 5k) is great! Bret Freed is starting to come on as of late and Ross Jordan was solid at the Sandhills invite. Can't wait to see some legit times!
11/02/2012 8:12:23 PM
User
Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't believe Bret Freed qualified...
Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't believe Bret Freed qualified...
11/02/2012 9:13:06 PM
User
No one has said anything about Fort Mill boys being among the top finishers. They finished first in upper state; maybe they're making a comeback? Seems like they've been flying low for a while.
No one has said anything about Fort Mill boys being among the top finishers. They finished first in upper state; maybe they're making a comeback? Seems like they've been flying low for a while.
11/03/2012 6:17:53 AM
User
freed didnt even make the state meet.
freed didnt even make the state meet.
11/03/2012 6:47:55 AM
User
Good luck to Pendleton today in the race. Got to watch Sharif last weekend in the Upper State meet, very strong runner.
Good luck to Pendleton today in the race. Got to watch Sharif last weekend in the Upper State meet, very strong runner.
11/03/2012 3:51:23 PM
User
Anybody know what happened to Freed at the Upper State? Was he sick or something because his time was way off?
Anybody know what happened to Freed at the Upper State? Was he sick or something because his time was way off?
11/03/2012 4:51:13 PM
User
Does anyone know what happened to shariff,stafford, and nick putnam. nick wasnt horrible but he didnt get a high spot like i expected. Shariff isnt listed on the results and stafford was no where near his top form. Overall though most of my predictions were right. Quattlebaum dominated, although he wasnt my first pick widenhouse won 2a, jack and andre were only a few seconds apart and andre pulled it out, 4a was right on my part for the 1-3 guys but the rest was a little jumbled up. Nonetheless great xc season, i loved doing the predictions during the offseason. I will also be doing track predictions for the upcoming season, so look out for those this offseason. my first team will be dreher, so get ready.
Does anyone know what happened to shariff,stafford, and nick putnam. nick wasnt horrible but he didnt get a high spot like i expected. Shariff isnt listed on the results and stafford was no where near his top form. Overall though most of my predictions were right. Quattlebaum dominated, although he wasnt my first pick widenhouse won 2a, jack and andre were only a few seconds apart and andre pulled it out, 4a was right on my part for the 1-3 guys but the rest was a little jumbled up. Nonetheless great xc season, i loved doing the predictions during the offseason. I will also be doing track predictions for the upcoming season, so look out for those this offseason. my first team will be dreher, so get ready.
11/03/2012 5:13:10 PM
User
Way to go PHS Bulldogs!!!
Way to go PHS Bulldogs!!!
11/03/2012 5:30:29 PM
User
@mdog Stafford suffered a broken foot earlier this year and it has gotten worse this past week and was really hurting him today.
@mdog Stafford suffered a broken foot earlier this year and it has gotten worse this past week and was really hurting him today.
11/03/2012 5:44:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@mdog...who are some top 10 teams you could not have predicted that surprised you with their performance today? Any division. 3A boys was interesting with 5 of the top 10 teams being upper state and 5 being lower state. Wonder how often that has happened?
@mdog...who are some top 10 teams you could not have predicted that surprised you with their performance today? Any division. 3A boys was interesting with 5 of the top 10 teams being upper state and 5 being lower state. Wonder how often that has happened?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.