SCHSL State Championships 2014
05/18/2014 10:27:11 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I could be wrong, but I heard that Central High School (boys 2A State Champions) doesn't have a track. Or if they have one, it is a dirt track. If this is true, then that makes their state championship much more impressive. You could probably do ok in the field and distance events without a paved track, but to succeed in the sprints (especially the 4x100) is impressive. They had an individual or relay team in all the running events except for the hurdles. I'm not sure how many schools are in the same situation, but congrats to Central for their success.
I could be wrong, but I heard that Central High School (boys 2A State Champions) doesn't have a track. Or if they have one, it is a dirt track. If this is true, then that makes their state championship much more impressive. You could probably do ok in the field and distance events without a paved track, but to succeed in the sprints (especially the 4x100) is impressive. They had an individual or relay team in all the running events except for the hurdles. I'm not sure how many schools are in the same situation, but congrats to Central for their success.
05/20/2014 6:01:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
You are correct. Central High School in Pageland has a bare-bones facility. Kudos to their coaching staff led by head coach Billy Blakeney and the student-athletes.
You are correct. Central High School in Pageland has a bare-bones facility. Kudos to their coaching staff led by head coach Billy Blakeney and the student-athletes.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.