MileSplit SC is not going to stop telling the stories of cross country and track and field in South Carolina. Without a season, here are some ideas our editor has started to write down and will continue to work on.
But, to do this he needs your help. Email John at email@example.com and please use a subject that starts with 2020 tf in order to keep emails organized.
- Unsigned seniors - in progress. Read it here.
- Send your workout videos. One is uploading from Greer's Coen Roberts soon.
- A reporter of ours is continuing to monitor the season suspension and other stories.
- The stories behind the scenes and what's next: Timers, officials, the future, the financial impact, etc. Have an idea? Email John. See above.
- Support the website. Take a look at previous coverage and share the website with friends and family. Over 19 years you can find a lot of historical data. Can anyone find our editor's high school profile?
- Virtual competitions, rival stories - on the track rivals - looking into this.
- What are coaches doing now?
- What are alumni doing now - you can also send workout videos?
- Have a guest column idea for consideration, training journal or letter to the editor to send? Email John.
- How are parents keeping the athletes engaged and motivated?
- The untold stories. I'm sure I'm missing something.
- Interviews with athletes, coaches and parents via email and video interviews.
- Season predictions. Where would the sport be right now without results?
- Reminder: most of the updates take place on nights and weekends. Our editor has limited email access during the day.
- Our editor and coverage team misses the sport as much as you do. Stay safe and see everyone soon.
- Want to help us when the sports return with coverage - photo and video is the main area of need? Email John with examples and he will look at them as soon as possible.