SCRUNNERS Meet of Champions - Are you competing and what events?

Out of 37 votes
Boys distance (3K to 800)12
Girls distance5
Girls sprints1
Boys sprints5
Girls hurdles1
Boys hurdles2
Pole vault (Friday and/or Saturday)3
Throws3
Jumps (HJ/LJ/TJ)5

Graph Type: Pie (Change to Bar)

Out of 37 votes

• User
    PRO
    Urban
    Just a few thoughts to consider...
    Is there a specific reason the 1500 and 3000 is run? I think the distance runners would prefer to run their usual distance. Any consideration to making it a mile and 2 mile? I think it would be better to have this meet the week directly after State. I think many distance runners are already thinking about XC after the season or ready for a training break. Standards are pretty tough and that probably limits interest, although I understand you want strong competition...10:00 standard for boys 3200 could be 10:15 for instance and that would open it to more athletes without compromising the level of competition. Also, could it be turned into an All-Star type event like other sports have? Maybe have North (Upper-state) vs. South (Lower-state) and have an "honorary" coach or coaches for each team who could then try to encourage athletes in their area to compete on their respective team?
  • John Olson
    Site Admin
    PRO
    hyperionxc
    @Urban great ideas and yes, need the input. do you think we could pull that off with under a month to go? All help is appreciated. We can definitely discuss standards and have been flexible in the past, plus if you win your state title you are in. We try also help NBON standards, etc.

Talk soon.

John
  • John Olson
    Site Admin
    PRO
    hyperionxc Edited
    @QuincyJR unfortunately at this time I am not able to cover more. I spend over 75-85% of my time managing the results, rankings, athlete profile issues, last minute requests and assisting coaches and meet directors with urgent matters. Encourage your coach to share story ideas for consideration and why. My email is jolson@milesplit.com.

Can you explain to me your view why covering more athletes more is why or why they don't attend a meet?

There's a lot behind the scenes most will never see with the website and you would not even want to see! Good luck.

John