Notes on Saturday's races including historical data, races to watch and predictions.
- Christ Church senior James Quattlebaum will be going for his fourth straight Class A title Saturday.
- Class AAAA girls: Riverside girls are favorite for the team title. The team win would be the first for the Lady Warriors in Class AAAA. Riverside won five Class AAA titles before moving to AAAA (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001).
- Lisa Pieterse (Carolina Forest) and Ashbrook Gwinn (Aiken) are expected to lead the Class AAAA girls race with some of the fastest times of the day. Riverside's and Spring Valley's Claudia Cannon should be in the mix for the front spots.
- Hilton Head boys look to be the team favorite in Class AAA, but Eastside boys have a chance for the title.
- Class AAAA boys: Lexington boys have the chance for their fifth straight team title with Mauldin, Wade Hampton and Wando also in contention for the title.
- St. Joseph's girls are favorites to win the team title in Class A, it would be the Knights fourth straight and they would then hold all Class A titles since the classification split from Class AA.
- The boys Class AAAA individual title favorite is Lexington's Zack Langston, but with several runners under 16 this year it will make for an interesting race.
- Seventh grader Ashleigh Keiser of Southside Christian has the fastest time (18:48) going into the Class A girls individual race.
Class AAA girls: James Island, Hilton Head favorites for team title. James Island's Mary Stewart Wilson and A.C. Flora's Susannah Cate, both sophomores, have run under 19 minutes this season.
Twenty-one girls have broken the 20 minute barrier.
- Class AA girls: Bishop England girls are the team favorite with Landrum, Pelion, Pendleton, and Waccamaw near the top in team competition.
Have prediction to share? Comment in the section below.