The 2021 South Carolina Cross Country and Track and Field Coaches Association meeting is slated for Saturday morning at 10 a.m. This year's meeting is going to be held virtual and a link was sent to coaches via the association's communication platform.
scrunners.com will update this article throughout the meeting. Most recent update is on the top of the list.
- Summer meeting status will be shared as soon as it's known.
- State track and field meet dates - venues not available at this time - 3A: May 21 at 9 a.m., 4A: May 21 at 5 p.m., A/2A: May 22 at 9 a.m, 5A: May 22 at 9 a.m.
- Proposal - 16 teams would go to the state championship for cross country with the ranking process used in 2020 to continue. This will now go to the South Carolina High School League. In the proposal, all teams will have the opportunity to compete in a qualifying meet for the state meet.
- Coaches were reminded about the rules meeting online through the South Carolina High School. Danny Brooks at the League is the point of contact for questions.
- An update was provided on Bob Jenkins SCTCCCA Coaches Classic qualifying meets. More to come on this.
- A proposal has been submitted to the South Carolina High School League to bring 16 athletes to the state championships per event in each classification. The proposal goes to the activities committee in April. The 2020 state meet had 12 teams per race permitted. Meet results can be seen here from 2020.
- Tony Colizzi of Bishop England is this year's hall of fame inductee
- Coaches of the year: 5A: Boys - Jeff Buys (Dorman), Girls - Todd Prochaska (J.L. Mann)
4A: Boys - Rob Henderson (Eastside), Girls - Dave Lee (James Island)
3A: Boys - Colizzi (Bishop England), Girls - Leavell Wall (Seneca)
2A: Boys and girls - David Smith (Greer Middle College)
A: Boys - Brian Gamble (Dixie), Girls - Tim Gibbons (Southside Christian)
- Fastest time awards from cross country state championships - Hannah Vroon - 18:25 and Sam Rich -15:08 - meet coverage. Watch the races
- Vice presidents serve a two year term
- Brittany Callaham of McCormick was voted as the new Class A vice president
- Charles Proctor of Keenan was voted as the new Class AAA vice president.
- Greg Hall of Cane Bay was voted as the new Class AAAAA vice president.