MileSplit coverage after today's announcement
Wednesday afternoon weather update
Weather statement from the meet
We at the All American Track Classic want to have this meet. In 28 years we have never cancelled due to weather. Also, if we cancel, we miss a really good competition and we lose thousands of dollars. That being said, we do not control the weather.
Saturday looks like a high of 51 and constant rain. Pole vault, high jump, discus, high hurdles and even shot could become undoable. Sprinters running in that cold with possible slips could be pull prone.
However, weathermen are quite often wrong.
We are going to make a final call on the meet at 3 p.m. Thursday.
If you drop out now due to weather concerns, we will refund your entry fee. If we cancel the meet, we will refund everyone's entry fee. If you hang on and we do run the meet, we will keep your entry fee even if you decide last minute to drop out.
Those teams coming from out of state and some from very far, will have to decide if they can wait or not so that possible refunds for transportation or rooms can be saved.
If you are pulling out of the meet please email us at allamericantrackclassic.com.
Matt Oberly, Spring Valley Head Boys Coach, Meet Director
Stay tuned for more from the meet and this afternoon's update.
Follow along with meet coverage leading up to the All American Track Classic April 7-8 at Spring Valley in Columbia.